Become A Volunteer
[Minimum 1 (one) terms (Sept - Dec 2019)] & [Maximum 1 (one) year (Sept 2019 - Sept 2020)]
1. Support for children
Under the direction of the teacher:
- - providing support to children with mathematics, reading and writing on an individual, class or small group basis
- - carry out pre-determined tasks and / or perform general classroom duties.
- - establish and maintain supportive relationships with individual pupils or small groups to ensure they understand and can achieve the tasks.
- - support inclusion in the classroom, ensuring all pupils feel involved with tasks and activities
- - giving extra help to children with special needs or those for whom English is not their first language
- - helping to develop programmes of learning activities and adapting appropriate materials
- - motivating and encouraging pupils
- - helping with school events, trips and activities
2. Support for the curriculum
Under the direction of the teacher, support the school curriculum, including literacy and numeracy activities.
3. Support for the teacher
- - Provide information to help the class teacher plan appropriate work programmes.
- - Help to prepare the learning environment for use.
- - Undertake support activities for the teacher as required, e.g. preparation of materials, mounting displays.
- - Ensure that information relating to a child’s safety is shared effectively and sensitively with the class teacher.
4. Support for the school
- - Develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff.
- - Contribute to the maintenance of a safe and healthy environment.
- - Provide support for school events, e.g. school plays, events.
- - Commit to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of all children.
We are looking for volunteers who:
- - Have Christian values
- - Committed to working with children and their families
- - Has good interpersonal skills and the ability to support colleagues
- - Has clear and good level of spoken and written English
- - A positive role model.
- - A confident user of IT software
- - Respectful of the school’s ethos
- - Pro-active, punctual, enthusiastic, energetic, adaptable, patient
- - Ability to multi task
How to apply
- If you are interested in this role, please submit your CV and motivation letter to the director of GKCA by email via